Monday, December 3, 2007

Bittersweet...

Our Relief Society presidency was released yesterday. It's a pretty weird feeling! I was emotional about it for a few days, I felt like I needed more time. There are projects I didn't get to finish and things I didn't start...but I realized pretty quick I had to let it go, it's someone elses turn. One of the best things about student wards like mine is getting to have callings like I had. I really got to see how the church is run. It's changed the kind of member I'll be from now on!

2 comments:

Ellie said...

You were an amazing RS President. Every time I saw the Messe's (Jeremy said that was how you spell their name...), they would always comment on how wonderful you are. But I know you'll be just as amazing with your new calling! You're such a great teacher and people will really benefit in hearing your testimony. You'll be a great gospel doctrine teacher.

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Hey Heather! I'm so glad you stopped by the blog - that's what's so fun to me about blogs, I can't believe who has stumbled upon ours and who we've stumbled upon.

Also, I so agree with your perspective on student wards - it's kind of the same deal as our ward in Salt Lake. It's amazing - I almost feel like we live in the mission field, there are so many people who are living without the truthfulness of the Gospel in their lives. As a result, our ward is a pretty interesting mix of people and we have a 25-year old in the RS presidency teaching all these 80-year old ladies and a 24-year old in the bishopric presiding over men who've been bishops three times. It's so neat that we have these opportunities to serve in the Church.

Holy cow... getting long! Good to hear from you - and I'm excited to keep checking your blog!