It's busy summertime now and I just might have to post a few times a week to keep up!
I want to give a quick plug for this fun group: the Davis County Symphony.
The group was "born" in January of this year, and I joined right when it started. It has been so fun to be part of something that is just starting out; I have a soft spot for non-profit organizations (what with my job and all...). We have a lot of fun at rehearsals each week, everyone is there because they like to play- there is no competition between the members. Those of you who have played in groups before know that's a rare find!
We are playing a pops concert this Sunday as part of my work's Free Sunday Night Concert Series. I am lucky enough to be part of three of those this summer! I feel blessed to be able to mix my job with my hobby.
Anyways, the Davis County Symphony is playing this Sunday at 7pm at the Ed Kenley Amphitheater (right across from Layton High School. A pops concert basically means we won't be playing any old classical music. It's all movie themes and patriotic stuff.
Come by if you are wanting a fun thing to do on a (hopefully) nice warm evening :)
14 years ago

2 comments:
I wish I could hear you play! Sounds so fun! I miss going to those summer plays they have at the park.
I love free sunday music!
Post a Comment