Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July clip

My sister and brother and I were excited to be part of a 4th of July concert last week.  Well, excited until we peeked at the audience before going out and saw how many people were there!  The little amphitheater was packed, there were at least 1,400 people (which is 2,800 eyes watching).  I got really nervous, but we made it through it!  It was really neat to look out at the crowd and see so many people wearing red, white, and blue!

A few people asked if we taped the performance.  Here is a clip from it!  We mixed two fiddle songs (Orange Blossom Special and Devil Went down to Georgia) into one.  We had fun coming up with three part harmonies for parts of it. Luke's version of Devil was created 'in his head'...so Ash and I learned it by ear (no music) which was pretty difficult to do in a week.  That is probably what made me so nervous, knowing that I didn't feel prepared enough.  But we were pretty happy with the outcome, we always have such a good time playing together.

9 comments:

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

This is awesome! Bravo!

The Clark's said...

That was great! You guys are SO talented! And Heather you look absolutely beautiful!

The Dahls said...

Look at my little Cutlers go. You guys are so amazing!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!!!

Unknown said...

That was FANTAstic!!!

Ellie said...

Um...I didn't know you guys didn't have music for Devil... Yup...you guys were amazing!!! I so wish I wasn't sick and could have been there.

Home on the Grange said...

That was fantastic! I bet it's so fun that you can play with your borther and sister. Way cool!

Jenna said...

WOW that was amazing! Look at you go! I remember when we played that together at a ward talent show! Can't wait to see you!

Dryden's said...

you guys are so AMAZING!