Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The signs were there

I love when Scott leaves me little notes around the house.  He does it from time to time, and I have found several lately.  Back in April, when I was leaving the house for my first job interview, I found a note taped to our front door.  It said "Knock em dead! You're the best." It made me smile and gave me a boost. I decided to put it on our fridge and keep it up there until I was offered a job. 

Twenty-four days later, I had my first interview with Deseret Book.  After 19 emails, 4 interviews, and three trips downtown, I was offered the job I was so hoping to get! I was extremely humbled and completely excited! My title is "Music and Film Publicist".  Deseret Book owns a record label and film distribution company, so I'm working with both of those.  


On my very first day of work last week, I got in the car to find this sign from Scott on my passenger seat:
Ha ha, I say this often, but "Scott knows me so well".  It's a pretty safe bet that I totally would have headed north on the freeway out of habit.  Scott was thorough...when I got to the bottom of our hill, I spotted this sign: 
I have only one word to describe that. Adorable.  

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Um....that's awesome! You guys are seriously perfect for each other. :)

Tristin Johnson said...

You two are so dang cute. I can't wait to see you in July!

Unknown said...

Hahaha, how sweet. That's awesome. :)

Home on the Grange said...

What a cute story! And congrats on the new job! It sounds like an awesome opportunity!!

Jenna said...

That is sooooo sweet!!! Love that Scott! I hope that you are still loving your job! I'll call you when you get back and we can chat about it!