Friday, November 2, 2007

Coffee Wisdom

I've never bought coffee for my office before, but today is a board retreat and I put together a little breakfast for them. I thought I'd left enough time (45 minutes) to pick up two bags of ice, run to Einstein's, and get over to the retreat...but apparently coffee takes 30 minutes to brew! It was close.

Anyways, Scott was there helping me and we were talking about how surprised we were by how many people get coffee and breakfast in the morning! I mean, Einsteins bagels was THE place to be at 8 am this morning. After setting up at the retreat we had breakfast on the mind, so we went over to Barnes & Noble and got our own legal addictive stimulants (mint hot chocolate for him and a raspberry milk steamer for me). It was so fun to start our day sipping hot drinks and chatting at a cute table for two (minus the fact that I scalded my tongue). We were both thinking "wow, we could get used to this!"

Then we started doing the math. We figured out how much it would cost to do this 5 days a week- it's practically a cell phone payment! As glamorous as we felt...we came back down to reality pretty quickly. Our quaint breakfast left it's mark on me though. I think I'm going to establish quarterly 'coffee' breakfasts. So the next one will be in...February! Anyone want to join me???

(P.S. Can I give a shout out to Scott? He's been in town this whole week and it's been so great to get to see him! Seeing each other 4 days in a row has made us almost feel like a normal couple!)

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Count Jeremy and me in!

The Pyper's! said...

I am a huge hot chocolate fan!! If I could drink it everyday and not worry about the calories, I probably would! Anyway so good to see you guys the other night. We were sad that dinner wasn't that great - next time we will have to go somewhere better!

Jenna said...

I want to come!! Maybe you'll have to make one tiny little exception and do it when I come home. We could go to breakfast the morning after thanksgiving if you don't have to work!!! LEt me know and we can schedule a date!! HOw fun would that be?