This was me today! I even know that pose, it's Warrior II. My friend Kajsa invited me to go to a Yoga introduction at our friend's work. We learned about where Yoga came from, how it's done, special ways of breathing, and what to expect your first time going. After, we stayed for an actual class. Within three minutes I felt an amazing warmth and peace...and burning in my thighs. At the start of class, I could barely touch my toes with my fingertips. By the end, I could stand on my hands. Seriously! I was so amazed. At the end, the teacher had us lay on the ground with our eyes closed for about 5 minutes. She came around and rubbed scented oil on our foreheads- I can't remember the last time I was that relaxed! The atmosphere of the place was perfect too, the only light was from candles, and there was soothing music playing. It was such a good time, I'm so glad I went. Kajsa and I are signed up to take some more classes. I need stress relief more than ever right now, and I think this is the perfect way!
14 years ago
4 comments:
Oooooooooo...after reading that...I think I'm gonna convince Jeremy to let me sign up! I can't remember what relaxed feels like...
Wow! Who knew that Yoga was so effective. I guess all the other millions of people who have done it..duh jenna. Anyway I'll have to try it sometime! I'm so glad you and Kajsa love it!
If you ever don't have class on Thursday night, come try it out with me Marilyn! Your first class is free-
And Jenna, I've heard it's a great thing to do after a pregnancy. They actually have yoga especially for pregnant women too!
Yoga is seriosly one of my favorite things in life! I love it!! It keeps me sane!
Post a Comment