We finished and were standing in the room putting a few odds and ends away when all of a sudden we heard a low rumbling sound. Before we knew it the entire wall of shelves CAME OFF THE WALL CRASHING INTO US! We didn't even have time to move (although I swear it looked like it happened in slow motion).
All our hard work :( So I was near the doorway when it happened and only got hit in the thigh by a box of play scripts. (The hole in the picture is exactly where I was. And the heavy box of scripts is on the left).
I had to literally dig her out of there- she was covered to her knees! We were laughing to the point of tears the whole time (cuz if we didn't laugh we probably would have cried).
When I told Scott about it (with sound effects and re-enactments) he just laughed the whole time! He thought it was a little funny how traumatized I was by an "almost, sort of, could-have-been near death experience" (my words).
He just said, "Heather, do you have any idea how many times I've almost died at work?"
What? That led to a whole other conversation
9 comments:
Scary!! I totally would have freaked out too! You're not alone! So where exactly is this house we're going to love?! Invite us over for dinner already so we can go check it out! ;) haha.
I feel so bad for you guys! You did all that work and almost got killed for it! I told my mom about it and she said, "That's why you never clean. It's the dust holding things together."
Haha! That sucks but makes for a good story!
Oh my goodness! We had no idea! I'm sorry... And what does Scott mean??? How many times has he almost been killed at work? DAH!
That is scary!! That happened to Steve this summer at my dad's pharmacy! I was way more scared than he was and I wasn't even underneath the shelving unit; he acted like it was no big deal!
Scary! I'm glad your ok though!
That sucks! ha ha I'm sorry you could have almost died.
Sad!
So my thoughts about Scott's comment was "work isn't the only think that Scott has almost died doing" . . .the stories Abe tells me, it's amazing they made it past the age of 12.
That is seriously really funny! Stuff like that happens to me all the time but I haven't got killed yet! Glad you're safe lol.
Post a Comment