Sunday, October 10, 2010

Living for the weekend

Our week days are pretty busy lately, it is starting to feel like we're living for the weekends. 

We spent the first weekend of October visiting our family up in Idaho.  We had an awesome time, always do! 


Little sister Julie, who is almost 8 years old (can't believe it), drew a portrait of us that I loved!  She's at the stage where she loves 'love stories' and she said this is a picture of Scott and I at a ball.  So cute.  I wish my eyelashes were that long in real life.


This weekend, we went to Frightmares at Lagoon.  My brother came too and we had fun!

We all bundled up, and Scott and I thought it was funny that we matched.  We tried to get my brother to wear red too, but he declined :)

 I was too chicken to go in any haunted houses, so we just rode rides. 

Sunday afternoon, Scott had a great idea- we went on a drive to look at the fall colors.  Such a simple thing to do, but it was a really great time!

We went up little and big cottonwood canyons.




















We tried to get a picture of us together...this was the best we could do.
We're thinking it's about time for a new camera!

 














This is the same view...looks a lot better without us in it! 

Hope you all had a nice weekend too!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I know the feeling! I love weekends!!!

Home on the Grange said...

I love the idea of driving to look at the fall colors! For some reason, I always tell myself that the only way to do that is to go hiking and then it never happens. It really is so gorgeous! I'll have to suggest we take a trip out this year as well.
I definitely feel your pain about living for weekends. On the bright side, I think it makes us enjoy them even more.