Wednesday, June 17, 2009

what a handsome 'devil'

My oh-so-talented brother Luke competed in a contest put on by my work last Friday. We had 80 people audition for 'Show Layton your Talent'. A group of judges chose 16 of them to perform at our season opener. The concert was a blast, there were so many talented groups!

Luke was of course the highlight for me- he can fiddle faster than anyone I know. He played "The Devil Went Down to Georgia".

7 comments:

Ellie said...

I so wish I could have been there! Jeremy LOVED his performance...

Matt and Sarah said...

That's so exciting! But your brother looks so grown up now...I feel old! But hey Heather I was wondering if I could get your new address? Melanie Stratford Wangsgard is throwing a baby shower for me (speaking of getting old) and I am trying to let all our friends from highschool know just in case they can make it it would be fun to get together. So...if you have time you can e-mail me so you don't have to publish your address to the world. little_hirsch@comcast.net Take care! Talk to ya soon!

The Dahls said...

He's so grown up! When did that happen? I want to see video of that!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that song, how awesome! I haven't had the opportunity to hear your family play as much as I would like, so very talented! I would enjoy the video too, if you can get it uploaded.

The Clark's said...

Ditto with what Emily Dahl said Luke has all of a sudden grown up! Post the video I would love to hear it.

It's Me...shell said...

That's awesome! Way to go Luke. He's so huge! who knew kids continue to grow up?

Sariah Hartley said...

Wow your family is really talented. That is a super awesome song too. That's like my major goal in playing violin-to be able to play that. I should probably tell you who I even am. I'm from Fallon and have known Scott's family my whole life. You guys are really cute together;)