On Tuesday morning, our nephew Beckham was born! We have been so excited for him to come. He is the first grandson on both our sides (we have eight adorable nieces). We were able to go see him on his birthday, and oh my heck, just check him out. So cute.
That night, Scott's immediate family gathered together and we spent time talking about what would be happening the next morning...our brother Jeff would be leaving on his mission to Georgia. There were many happy tears that night, we are so excited for him. It's always hard to say goodbye though.
Wednesday morning we all had breakfast together, then said our goodbyes to Jeff. Tears all around!
Here is Jeff saying goodbye to Scott, and below, Julie (little sis). Scott asked me to put these pictures up on the blog. His siblings are very close and he was glad those sweet feelings could be captured on camera.
Straight from there, we went to Laura's funeral. Many more tears there, but the spirit was strong. Her family paid her amazing tributes and it was evident how loved she is. She was buried in a really picturesque spot and amazingly, the weather was cool, sunny, and beautiful.
By this time, Scott and I (and probably all of our family) had a splitting headache from so much crying. We can't believe the baby, the funeral, and the mission all fell within 48 hours of each other. We are full of love for all the people involved in these experiences, we have had a lot to pray about each night.





5 comments:
WOw, I felt a whole lot of emotion just reading this! What a roller coaster few days. Hope all is well. So sorry for the lost of your aunt, how sad.
Yay for baby Beckham! And I totally understand how bittersweet it is to send off a brother. It really goes by so so fast. Alma's coming home in 5 months. Crazy. And I'm so so sorry for Scott's aunt. The gospel really is such a comfort when things like that happen. We love you!
Things seem to happen in 3's don't they? A couple years ago we a "threesome" happen to us and I was a complete wreck so I know how you feel about all the tears. Love you and miss you.
Awh, our prayers are with you. I can't believe Jeff is gone for 2 years, how great for him though! We can't wait to see you for Julie's baptism!
My goodness--I cried through that whole post. I'm sorry for your loss. It makes you so grateful to have the gospel during times like that.
Congrats on the cute nephew and that is awesome to hear about Scott's brother going on a mission-but it is so hard to say goodbye--It made me think of my brother when he left on his mission. Well I hope life has calmed down a little bit for you and that you guys are doing well--You guys are so cute! Miss ya!
Post a Comment